Bill Ricker wrote:

iirc WMcliphist is such a beast or close.

Close, but not quite. It's basically a clone of klipper you can undock... which is a step in the right direction...

But I'm not looking to save a clipboard history. I need something that I can manually add or remove items. To give you an idea of the use I'm looking for... Imagine working in email tech support. You have a few hundred emails to answer in a day and many of them are the same thing, like "How do I change my password?" and such. You don't wnat to type each one every time. Opening/importing a text file is a few steps too many. You want to click on a button and middle click in the document to insert the text.

Brian