Bill McGonigle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm curious - does anybody know what's up with the BerkeleyDB?  It's
> been around for a long while, and I've seen corruption before, but
> rarely.  It seems to be becoming much more common.

Possibly more things using it?

> Maybe some key employees left?
> Maybe more projects have just recently switched to using it for a
> backend?
> Maybe the programmers don't use the proper functions to ensure
> consistency?
> Maybe it's just bad luck (mine or Oracle's karma)?

Oracle :) Seriously, I don't know.  I've seen no particular increase
in problems recently.  There was a lot more when svn first came on the
scene.  So many people wanted to leave CVS behind for what svn
offered, but other than that I haven't noticed anything in particular.

--
Seeya,
Paul