I use Vonage over Broadvoice for one reason: I don't want to admin a
phone system.  I want something I can easily tell my wife how to deal
with: Go pull the plug on the LinkSys box, count to 10, plug it back
in.

and Broadvoice has that. They have a plan that's about the same price as Vonage, where they give you a box and tou plug it in.

Or, you can buy your own and they send you the settings to get it to connect initially and then it gets it's updates from them (This is what I do, I have an HT-286). I did the initial setup and that was it.

But, with Broadvoice, I have a choice. With Vonage, I don't.

--Travis