On 1/17/07, Paul Lussier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Oh, and I have had occasion to use 9-1-1 from my Vonage line and had
emergency response within 10 minutes of the call.  So, no worries
there either!

 In fairness, the 911concerns (well, the real ones) are not about
*if* calls can go through, but whether calls will *always* go through,
and properly.  I'm sure I don't need to tell you, Paul, about the
differences between "seems to work" and "trusted to always work".  :)

 That said, I believe most of the 911 concerns are about protecting
ILEC profits, not people.

 FWIW, I don't even have a landline; I just my mobile.

-- Ben