On Feb 9, 2007, at 12:08, Neil Joseph Schelly wrote:

 But as I said, a lot of our backscatter is bounce
traffic originating from legitimate addresses. The bounce error is important as it will tell a real person why their message cannot be posted or their request cannot be handled for one reason or another and it's used in this capacity very often. But every time one of those addresses is hit by a
falsified sender, the bounce message goes to that falsified sender.

What if you only sent bounces to addresses where the incoming mail originated from a server with an SPF pass for the From: address?

I'm not suggesting a particular software solution, just an idea for criticism.

-Bill

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Cell: 603.252.2606
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/