On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:35:23 -0500
Jon 'maddog' Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Of course having VMS only 32-bit on the VAX made sense, as you could not
> get the architecture to be 64-bit.
>
> If Alpha VMS was only 32-bit, I would think that would have been another
> classic mistake by Digital.  If there was one OS that could have taken
> advantage of 64-bits, it was VMS.
No disagreement there, but at the IDFs, all the OpenVMS slots fill up
very quickly. I just tried to log into td183.testdrive.hp.com, but
Im getting a validation error. I have a valid testdrive account. I have
email in to Tim Regan, but he is gone by now. I can follow up in the
morning just to make sure. I'll post an email tomorrow once I can
factually verify the bitedness.

--
Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group