Hi, Eamon -

I'm running SuSE 10.2 on a laptop, but I use KDE instead of Gnome, so
I'm not familiar with that particular problem. That said, I've had that
general kind of problem before, and it's not pretty.

The first, simplest thing you could do (but hold off for a moment while
I explain what else you might want to do) is:

rpm -e ekiga

That would remove that particular package. BUT, as you pointed out,
there are a big bunch of other packages. So, instead of doing the 'rpm -e'
(-e means 'erase'), you will probably want to:

rpm -q --requires ekiga

which will then list in exhaustive detail  all the files that it depends on.
But, that's not a list of the packages that you just installed, unfortunately.

I'm facing the same issue now, since I'm trying to figure out how to view
.mpg files and watch my DVDs on my laptop. The kaffeine/xine set-up
OOTB from SuSE won't permit me to do so because of the licensing
problems, etc. BUT, I can't find a simple set (meaning one or two) of
RPMs that I can plop in to enable it all. The nearest thing that I can find
are the RPMs on Packman (.de), BUT I can foresee getting caught in
"RPM dependency hell", since 'libxine1' requires libaca, libtheora, and
alsa-patch-bay. Alsa-patch-bay requires jack and fltk, and jack requires
libsndfile and portaudio16. (Why I need Colour ASCII Art Library to
watch an MPEG or DVD is beyond my limited comprehension - I do
understand the need for libdvdcss, which I've already obtained...).
Couple that with the confusion around whether I must/can have the
lib64 version or can get by with the i386/i586/i686 version, and you can
see why I'm planning to just use my Windows XP disk to watch movies.

(NO, I'm not trying to re-trigger last week's discussion on why we do or
do not want 64 bit systems at home. I'm now talking about getting an
application installed in my case, or safely deinstalled in Emon's case).

I think both Emon and I could use some magic RPM incantations from
some of the gurus on the list, however.

Thanks,

"Brake For Moose; It can save your life" - NHF&GD

Emon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi everyone

Here is my dilemma; I installed ekiga, which also installed about a
dozen pkgs to resolve dependencies...

But ekiga is not working... it tries to show a wizard but for some
reason just hangs [1]

Now I want to uninstall ekiga as well as the dozen pkgs it installed; is
that possible??? if so... please tell me how.

thanks
Emon