At work yesterday I decided to try BitPIM so I downloaded BitPIM for
Windows and then had to find a driver for the phone.  Short story:  it
did not work telling me the right driver was present and working, but
unavailable, blah, blah.

This morning I casually checked if BitPIM was in Debian unstable and it
was.    Installed it, ran it and...it found phone and it all just works
out of the box.  So easy a caveman could do it.

BTW, have you seen the new PC and Mac ads after the PC was upgraded to
Vista?  The PC character has a sunglassed FBI type behind him who
constantly asks if he really wants to do this or that. Very funny.

Ed Lawson