On 2/27/07, Brian Chabot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yesterday I decided it was time to give Kubuntu 6.10 a try.  Now the
only system I can realistically reload the OS on at the moment is my
laptop, so that's my guinea pig.  (It is a Toshiba Satellite M45 S359)

The online docs seem to indicate this should work:
http://www.cantrip.org/toshiba-m45.html

I burned the CD, verified the burn and put it in the CDROM of the laptop
and rebooted.....

I was going to suggest a corrupt CD....

So now, I've read the pages I could find online and they were pretty
useless.  I've tried everything I can think of and failed to get the
live CD to even boot.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

There is an alternate boot CD you could try.

Maybe try the Ubuntu or Xubuntu install and add KDE with Synaptic after the
install.