"Steven W. Orr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thursday, Mar 8th 2007 at 11:07 -0500, quoth [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> =>I have a vague sort-of-almost memory of having read something about a
> =>major mode which will let you edit multiple files in a single buffer.

> I'm pretty good with emacs and I've never heard of such a thing.
> [Qualification: My .emacs is over 30K]

I've never heard of such a thing either.
[
 Qualification: My .emacs is over 50K, but a lot of that is comments.
 I could probably squeeze it down a lot if I byte-compiled it.
 (technically speaking, my .emacs is ~8K, but I include about 42K
  worth of other files that should all technically go in my .emacs file)
]

You might also consider looking at emacswiki.org where there's lots of
helpful stuff, or asking on #emacs at irc.freenode.net.

--