Scott Garman wrote:
> Is anyone here running Linux on a Dell Latitude D620 laptop? I'm
> seriously considering buying one and have some specific questions for
> someone currently using it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

Scott,

Oracle uses the Dell Latitude D620 laptop internally. Quite a few of us run Linux on it. Personally I use Linux within a VMWare VM quite frequently on a D620. (One of the downsides of being in sales support is the pervasive use of MS stuff that ends up not working that great on Linux. On the other hand the pay is pretty good...) We also have folks who use it day to day on the machine itself. We have something called the 'Oracle Base Image' that installs Red Hat Linux with everything you need to get your job done (theoretically) for a D620. It works very well for folks in development.

If you have specific questions then I can ask them on an internal list that we have.

Rich