On Apr 18, 2007, at 11:12, Derek Atkins wrote:

I used to use the attached script.  Note that it USED to work,
but I haven't tested it on recent systems.  I originally wrote
it on RHL9, and I think I updated it for FC1, but I dont think
I've tested it more recently than that, so YMMV.

Cool, looks like it might need updating for mdadm.conf rather than raidtab but it should be a good start. Ideally neither would be required but I haven't yet figured out the part about reading the RAID header from member disks for autodiscovery. I'll post back here when I get something working.

This script assumes RAID1 and matching drives (not raid 10).  It also
assumes IDE, not USB or SATA.

Should be easy enough to handle the virtual SCSI stuff anyway (my USB drives pretend to be SCSI). For RAID-10, that's RAID-0 over RAID-1 members, so just getting the RAID-1 drives online is all I really need, the RAID-0 aspect should be running already. I'll make sure it ignores RAID-0 for the issue of reconstruction, as that's largely meaningless. I've been sufficiently warned away from RAID-5 not to need it personally.

But hopefully it'll at least give you some clues if not a working
rebuild script..

It's in PERL.

Fantastic. I'll poke around CPAN and see if anybody has released modules for any of the above tasks.

-Bill

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Cell: 603.252.2606
New Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/