On 4/27/07, Tom Buskey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For various reasons I'm trying to get Microsoft Services For Unix's (SFU)
NFS Server setup so a unix system can mount files on the PC.  I have Linux
and Solaris NFS clients to play with.

On Solaris I get this error:
NFS access failed for server blahblah: error 7 (RPC: Authentication error)
/net/blahblah/NFS: I/O error
total 1

Linux gives this:
ls: /net/blahblah/nfs: Permission denied

I'm using IP addresses here.
SFU is set to allow anonymous and root access

Permissions on visible from the unix side are 777

I've run wireshark on the Linux side and see the ACCESS reply is 0x00
(deny all)

Any one else have to work with SFU?

I've had problems with this in the past, and it has something to do with the
NTFS file-system permissions...  I gave up and flipped it to FAT32 and have
been happily using it since, though my space requirements are minimal.  I'm
thinking that it ~may~ be necessary to give full permissions to the Everyone
group or anonymous or some such.

~ Star