Ok, I admit I didn't really read all this stuff, I just took a cursory
scan. So, if I'm totally
off on this just ignore me.... Anyway, How about using secondary IP's
on the NICs so
you can have one set of addresses you don't control (and get outside
etc.) and another
set you do control and are part of your mini-domain?

e.g. eth0 is dhcp,
then something does this: ifconfig eth0:1 10.x.x.x yadda...

hat makes sense.