On Aug 13, 2007, at 09:17, Steven W. Orr wrote:

> So after that prep work, what do people use to keep organized under
> linux?

I'm leaning heavily into emacs with a series of 'todo' files - just
plain text.  ctrl-s (search) lets me jump around in them.

I'm just getting into GTD, but so far the best idea is to keep all of
your stuff in one place.  I recently renamed my 700-item InBox
'__DMZ', which I'm slowly going though, but the idea is to 'stop
sucking'.  Since then, I've committed to keeping my InBox empty every
day, as often as possible.  If there's something I need to do, it
goes onto the todo list, not sitting in the inbox.  That way it's in
the same place as everything else.

I got a Fujutsu ScanSnap scanner to scan all my paper into one place
for processing.  So far, that world and the todo list aren't merged,
but I hope they might be some day.  I've used a Moleskine pad for a
year and a half, but I've been historically bad about offloading its
contents onto the todo.  Another place I need to 'stop sucking'.

The 43folders guy gave a techtalk @Google on 'inbox zero' that was
worth watching.

The best thing is to use the system that you'll actually use.
Anything else is just a waste of time.

-Bill

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Cell: 603.252.2606
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/