On Nov 10, 2007 11:14 PM, Ric Werme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would love to get my paws on the marketroid that suggested people should
> sell Gbe for a corporate backbone and servers with 100 Mb to the workstations.

  It makes sense at first glance.  Multiple clients, one server, 10
clients can pull their full feed from the server.  But you need some
kind of flow control to make such a scenario work well, and Ethernet
flow control is an inconsistent mess.

> Last I looked, implementations of TFTP never let much data on the
> wire, so that may not be the problem.

  I was confused about that at first, too.  But I went back and
re-read the OP more carefully, and noticed that the speed mismatch
issues he encountered were after he got the thing to boot, and had
moved on to having trouble with  (wait for it) NFS!

-- Ben