Looks like someone on the fedora forum had something similar happen....they
seemed to be able to recover knowing the UUID of the "lost" drive and the
file in /etc/lvm
pvcreate -f –uuid "Z4lh8H-G0e8-K8q1-4WB6-faac-39hk-b82MWU" –restorefile
/etc/lvm/backup/recover /dev/sdb

http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=164626

Hope that's helpful.
-Shawn