On Jan 15, 2008, at 07:10, Brian Chabot wrote:

> Anyone have any experience in these or others?  Anything I should
> steer
> away from?

I auditioned OpenTAPS a few months ago and wasn't blown away by its
POS (java app).  It's an apache project, though, so perhaps it will
gain some momentum.

I happened across this link:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/ck-erp

which claims to have a POS, but I haven't looked at it yet.  OpenMFG/
Postbooks seems like a logical place to add a POS but I haven't seen
it yet.

One thing I did find was a lack of modern or standards-based POS
gear.  Given the choice between a cash drawer that runs on a barely-
working windows driver or a cash drawer that has an RJ45 in the back
so it can take a REST-ful HTTP command on its uclinux stack, you'll
always find the former, or at least I did.

-Bill

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Cell: 603.252.2606
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/