I'm trying to find an nForce 2 motherboard, but it needs to be one with
onboard FireWire, using the nForce 2's MCP-T (southbridge) for the
FireWire functionality. Unfortunately, such boards are rather hard to
find anywhere these days for a reasonable price. The onboard controller
I'm looking for should show up in lspci like so:

00:0d.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394) [0c00]: nVidia Corporation nForce2 FireWire
(IEEE 1394) Controller [10de:006e] (rev a3) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])

So *why* do I need it? Well, of late, a good portion of my time has been
spent working on the Linux kernel firewire driver stack (not the old
ieee1394 stack, the new "juju" firewire stack). There are a number of
open bugs in bugzilla.kernel.org, bugzilla.redhat.com and debian's bug
tracker pertaining to the new drivers failing to work with nForce 2
FireWire controllers, but to have a prayer of making them work, I really
need to get such a beast in front of me.

Please let me know if you have one I could buy/borrow/trade for or if
you would be willing to try some things out on it for me -- it *might*
already be fixed by recent changes made to support another problematic
controller. In theory, I shouldn't need it for very long, thus my desire
to not pay through the nose (~$100) for one on eBay coming out of Hong
Kong...

--
Jarod Wilson