On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Kent Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Chip Marshall wrote:
>
>  > I've had a IOGEAR 2-port KVM with integrated cables for a few years and
>  > have never had a problem with it. They have an updated model that does
>  > DVI, USB, and audio, the GCS932U.
>
>  Thanks to all for your ideas. I have ordered this one.

I received the switch yesterday. It seems to work fine. The button
switcher is nice - all the cable mess is well hidden, just a little
button on my desk to switch between computers.

My Mac seemed to be a little confused at first but it seems to have
sorted it out...

The cables are a bit short. The video connectors on the two computers
have to be within 4-5 feet of each other. In my case that means both
laptops on the same side of my desk which is not really what I wanted.
Also the various connectors on each computer have to be fairly close -
the audio and USB cables sprout from the DVI connector and they are
only about 10" long. I have a MacBook Pro which has the DVI connector
on one side of the case and the audio on the other. That means I will
need an audio extension cable to switch the audio. Also I have to use
the USB port on the same side as the DVI, the USB cable won't reach to
the other side either.

In summary - seems to work OK, the button is a nice feature, I wish
the cables were longer but I can work with it the way it is.

Kent