On May 09, 2008, Neil Joseph Schelly sent me the following:
> I've been waiting patiently for the finished product.  They've run into more
> than their share of delays, but continue to make progress.  When the fnished
> phone (with wifi/bluetooth/accelerometers/etc) is released, I'll surely be
> picking one up.  I like my Treo, but I'm sure this has far more potential,
> especially given that Palm hasn't really tried to develop anything new and
> interesting in years.

Unfortunately, I don't think OpenMoko will catch on. It's going to be
competeing with Google's Android platform, which is getting a lot more
buzz, simply because it's Google.

As for Palm not trying to do anything interesting, ACCESS, the company
that now owns the Garnet OS (aka PalmOS) has been working on the ACCESS
Linux Platform (ALP) for the past few years, but claim it won't be ready
till 2009. I feel it'll also get overshadowed by Android. The only thing
it really has going for it is backwards compatibility to PalmOS apps.

http://code.google.com/android/
http://www.access-company.com/products/platforms/linux/alp.html

--
Chip Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>