On Thursday 03 July 2008 15:15, John Abreau wrote:
> On Thu, July 3, 2008 1:18 pm, Drew Van Zandt said:
> > Minor warning: OpenVPN is configured NOT to check for revoked
> > certificates by default.  (Default install on Debian, anyway, and I
> > suspect it's similar
> > elsewhere.)  Not likely a big deal for home use, but for business use....
> > fortunately I was careful enough to check a known-revoked certificate the
> > first time I needed to revoke one, because I wasn't 100% sure I'd done it
> > properly.
>
> That's odd; whenever I installed it, I found it was not configured
> AT ALL, aside from some sample configs in the documentation. But then
> I did this on Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Windows, and MacOSX, not on debian.

I always considered what came with Debian relatively unconfigured as well.  I
don't know what a default CRL would look like.  Having it reference a CRL at
all would indicate you've setup a CA for your certs, but that's something
everyone will likely do a little differently and distribute a little
differently.
-N