On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 16:39 -0400, Heather Brodeur wrote:
> Would it be too simplistic to say "you get what you pay for?"
> T-Mobile's focus is on urban areas, outside of that you're taking
> your
> chances.  AT&T has access to more towers, and therefore better
> coverage
> (I don't know if it's a matter of T-Mobile being unwilling to pay to
> access the towers or AT&T being unwilling to share.  I have been in
> several places with my AT&T phone with strong signal, standing next
> my friend who's T-Mobile phone showed "SOS only."  The most memorable
> was a mile or two outside of Lake George village, one mile away from
> I-87.

I've got T-Mobile here in Lebanon and have had little trouble with
coverage.  The only place I've felt let down is at Mt. Sunapee where
plenty of people can use their cell phones, but not me.

(My daughter often grumbles about her Verizon coverage when visiting my
office here in Lebanon.)

As Bruce said, "coverage is a highly personal thing".

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.

voice:  603-653-8139