If you're suffering withdrawl from the lack of a NHRuby.org meeting last
month, don't worry - we're back for a great meeting this month! Join us
at our usual location, RMC Research in Portsmouth, NH for a trio of
interesting talks.

* Brian Turnbull will be giving an presentation on HTTP, the protocol
that powers the world wide web. Every web page requested and displayed
in a web browser is delivered via HTTP. But HTTP can facilitate all
sorts of client/server communication. In this talk, Brian will discuss
and present the major aspects of the protocol for application to your
own projects.

* Scott Garman will be giving a talk on how to quickly set up a Virtual
Private Server (VPS) as a Rails deployment environment. This talk is
specifically geared toward this process as preparation for the Rails
Rumble programming contest, coming up in mid October. Rumble
participants will be given a Linode VPS to use during the contest.

* Continuing on the Rails Rumble preview theme, Nick Plante will give an
overview of the git source code management system, as well as the
elegant and powerful GitHub hosted web service for managing git
repositories. Rumble participants will be expected to use git and GitHub
during the contest.

There's also going to be some serious schwag distributed at this meeting:

Rumor has it that Nick will have some copies of his newly released book,
Practical Rails Plugins, that will be given away as door prizes (and
signed upon request).

We'll also be giving away one free core conference pass to the upcoming
Professional Ruby Conference (Nov 17-20 in Boston):

http://www.voicesthatmatter.com/ruby2008/

Finally, there will also be a Linode discount code available for two
free months of service, after one paid month. The code will work with
any of their VPS plan levels.

WHEN: Tuesday, September 16, 2008. 7-9 PM.
WHERE: RMC Research Offices, 1000 Market Street, Portsmouth, NH.

For a map and driving directions, see our wiki site:

http://wiki.nhruby.org/index.php/Upcoming_meetings

Regards,

Scott