Good evening, all,

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Jim Kuzdrall wrote:

> Who  : Richard Weait, international open source lecturer
> What : Introduction to OpenStreetMap
> Where: Martha's Exchange
> Day  : Thur 18 Sep **Tomorrow**
> Time : 6:00 PM for grub, 7:30 PM for discussion
>
> :: Overview
>
>    OpenStreetMap creates and provides free geographic data - such as
> street maps.  You may think of downloaded maps as free, but they have
> legal or technical restrictions which prevent using them in creative,
> productive, or unexpected ways.
>
>    Richard Weait, an active OpenStreetMap contributor, uses slides and
> laptop demos to describe the geographical products available and how to
> couple them into your project.
>
>    Richard is also an enthusiastic volunteer cartographer in the
> London-Kitchener area of Ontario where he lives.  He will suggest many
> ways you can get in on the fun too.
>
>    Want an excuse to ride your new bicycle or motorcycle?  How about a
> nice outing in your new sporty convertible?  Turn these trips into a
> lasting social value by checking or creating local maps for the
> OpenStreetMap organization.  What fun pedaling through the New
> Hampshire countryside with a camera strapped to your head!  (You are
> supposed to visualize something small, not a 40 pound stadium zoom
> camera.)

> !!! If you are not a "Regular Attendee" (50%), please let me know. !!!
>
> Driving directions:
> http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Www/PlaceMarthasExchange

        I saw him last night presenting to the Burlington, VT Linux users
group, VAGUE.  Excellent presentation, good speaker, very knowledgeable,
and a fun project I intend to join!
        Cheers,
        - Bill

         "Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems?
They do it because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they
didn't.  That's why I draw cartoons. It's my life."
         -- Charles Schulz
(Courtesy of Troy Benjegerdes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)