On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 11:42 -0400, Arc Riley wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Bruce Labitt
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>         Seriously, now.  Why Ubuntu vs straight Debian?  Ubuntu has
>         worked at
>         making the average-user experience easier, is that it?
>
> That's exactly right.

That, and new releases every six months vs. maybe every few years.

>         As I said before, I have a work system which needs to be 64
>         bit, is
>         there enough support for 64 bits in either?
>
> There is a 64-bit version of Ubuntu on the download page.

However, if you need to run random 32-bit stuff on a 64-bit system, its
a bit more work than other distributions that have more mature multilib
support. That said, I generally find there's very little 32-bit I have
any actual need to run on my own x86_64 boxes (ppc64 is of course a
different story... :).

--
Jarod Wilson