Now that we've heard from Jarrod, it gives me the opportunity to ask a
question or two about Fedora.

You may remember my woes of dealing with SciLinux and essentially
concluding it wasn't modern enough for what I wanted to do.  (64 bit /
3D imaging / rotation / scientific)  I am not too happy with wrestling
with the SciLinux distro to get stuff done.

Does Fedora suit my needs?  I thought it was safer to go with Scientific
Linux 5.2 - sure it was "safe", but it wasn't productive enough.  Lesson
learned perhaps.  I dunno, maybe I'm dense.  I took my shot at it and
ended up in flames:0 .  So I get to try again.  I guess I'm lucky to at
least try again.  (I'm a glutton for punishment - I have YDL on my QS22
blade.)

Is there a Fedora 10? or is that in alpha?  I just am a bit leary of the
upgrade cycle for Fedora.  Can one "relatively painlessly" upgrade from
Fedora 9 to 10?