On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 5:33 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> chkconfig xxx on

update-rc.d me thinks:
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html#s-sysvinit

> service xyz restart

/etc/init.d/xyz restart

> Also in rhel there is a package called nfs-utils, what is the equivalent
> in ubuntu?  I am trying to set up a nfs file server for my blade computer.
>  nfs-kernel-server?  I need this to be fast...  Do I also need nfsboot?
> Anything else?  I have tftpd installed.

For a production file server I recently installed, nfs-kernel-server was the
right pick for me.  You might want to use nfs-user-server (I think it runs
in user space) on a workstation, but that is your call.  kernel is long
standing option you know and love, I think.