Mark Komarinski wrote:
> The larger MTU means that the CPU (and Ethernet cards) are not losing as
> much data to Ethernet overhead or building the packets.  Each packet is
> thus a bit more efficient than a 1500-byte packet.

It might be interesting to change the rsize and wsize to 8k, so that a
single NFS packet can fit inside a single jumbo Ethernet frame, and see what
happens to the throughput.  I wonder if the overhead of having to split up
an NFS datagram into multiple Ethernet frames and reassemble on the far end
is higher or lower than the overhead of smaller NFS block sizes...

        -Michael Pelletier.