> "Jon 'maddog' Hall" <mad...@li.org> writes:
>
>> Evolution supports IMAP, POP and local mail.
>>
>> It also supports multiple identities.

I somehow missed the beginning of this thread but...

Thunderbird also supports multiple identities, IMAP, and POP as well as
GMail natively.

Enigmail makes PGP/GPG encryption simple (including key management).

I haven't used Evolution in a while, but last time I did, I was turned
off by the close resemblance to Outbreak.

Kmail/Kontact is coming up there as a viable option, too:  especially in
office environments.

Brian