I've been an Evolution mail user for a long time now, but I've just
gotten tired of a couple issues I've (repeatedly) had with it and I'm
finally switching over to Thunderbird.

So far, it does everything I'd like to do and I'm slowly learning the
"Thunderbird" way of doing things.  I've run into one problem that I
thought maybe somebody here could help with.

I have a mail server that serves me for both code-energy.com as well as
tuininga.org.  In fact, I use a single actual unix account for both.
All mail gets stored in a single set of Maildirs.  I IMAP in under my
"co...@code-energy.com" account and send stuff out by SMTP AUTHing into
my mail server and setting the from address as "co...@code-energy.com".
 Then (at least, under Evolution) I have c...@tuininga.org set up to use
that same unix account just for sending ... no IMAP, no POP.

I cannot seem to figure out how to do this with Thunderbird.  There
doesn't seem to be the concept of a mail account to use for sending
only, without having an associated IMAP or POP connection.

Initially I figured I'd just set up both co...@code-energy.com and
c...@tuininga.org to both do IMAP and accept that I was being wasteful
with my connections, but Thunderbird actively prevents this.

Any ideas?  I'd really prefer not to adjust my mail storage setup if
possible...

Thanks!

--
Cole Tuininga