On Friday 18 September 2009 11:41, Arc Riley wrote:

> How about sign up for presenting QCad at an upcoming GNHLUG chapter
> meeting and put the time/date/loc of that presentation on the card?
> There appears to be a presentation booking shortfall on the website,
> the only upcoming meeting listed is PySIG as a "TBA" - we should
> really fix that before Saturday for when people go home and type in
> the address.

    GNHLUG is an organization of implementers and maintainers, not
users.  There would not be enough users in the group to follow up with
additional talks to interest the engineering types who use 2-D drawing.

    When will Linux groups switch emphasis to user applications?  That
has been discussed often during my years of association.  The answer
always is, "Not quite yet."

    The best strategy seems to be making the application software
available on all platforms.  Once users are used to the "free"
application, the system that boots it up makes no difference.  Firefox,
OpenOffice, Qcad, and a number of others are making that happen.

Jim Kuzdrall