>I also think it would be neat to have the gathering on the anniversary
>date.

Well, to throw a little gasoline into the discussion:

o The date you mention is the date of the first meeting of
what-would-become the GNHLUG meeting.  I still remember sitting around a
few weeks later trying to discuss what the name would actually be, and
coming up with a name that (hopefully) would attract people from the
"Greater" New Hampshire area (including Northern Mass, Maine and
Vermont).  More importantly, the name sounded like "someone drinking a
mouthful of homebrew."  So a little like "Independence Day" in the
United States, while most people might think it is "July 4th", the
actual development stretches it over a longer period of time.

o The date you mention was, I believe, the first and last meeting that
Bob hosted/led.  After that he explained that he was too busy and did
not have time for it, so I took over for a rather lengthy time.

Just to show that moving it a few days in one direction or another might
not make much difference when averaged out over the last 15 years.

md