Kevin D. Clark wrote:
> Suppose that I know enough about LDAP to be dangerous, but I want to
> know more.  Suppose I want to more fully understand:
>
> 1:  the mindset of people who use LDAP for solutions
>
> 2:  the information schema in Active Directory
>
> 3:  the information schema in eDirectory
>

> I've observed some very knowledgable people on this list mention some
> of the things that they are doing with LDAP.
>
> So, my request is this:  what resources (books, websites, etc.) do
> people recommend to learn more about this subject?

Honestly?  Trial and error.  I haven't found many resources on LDAP that
are worthwhile (if you do fine one, please let me know).  I think part
of this is that everyone uses LDAP in a different way and schemas appear
to be all over the place.

I can tell you that we're using Centrify to provide AD authentication to
Linux workstations and servers.  It's pretty neat software, even if you
already have the UNIX extensions in AD.  It also comes with a kerberized
version of the openldap utilities that you can use to talk to AD
directly.  Digging into that is how I got most of my AD/LDAP info.

-Mark