> Where/how are you running Wireshark?  I would suggest running it
> on the NFS client, on the NFS server, and on a third computer
> monitoring the link.

I'm capturing dumps of Enet traffic on the client and server boxes at
a remote customer site thus:

   dumpcap -i eth0 -w /tmp/`hostname`.pcap

...and then copying them back to HQ where I feed them to Wireshark.
I am not (yet?) rigged up so I can sniff traffic from an objective
third party.

> If the switch(es) you have do(es) not support port monitoring
> (AKA mirroring AKA other things), find an old 10/100 repeater and
> stick that between client and switch, then server and switch.

Ugh.  I'm hoping to blunder across the solution before it comes to that,
as it'll be a PITA involving a long drive and working in the presence of a
(justifiably) unhappy customer.

I'm assuming this mess is somehow due either to a site-specific botch
in something like a config file or else maybe that switch.  We have
a number of other customers with identical rigs (same software on the
same workstations) that work fine, so (hoping!)  it seems unlikely that
there's an inherent flaw in the SW or HW...