On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 16:22 -0400, Benjamin Scott wrote:
>   If you're still using a passWORD on today's Internet, you're already
> in a very high risk category.  Using an English word for a password is
> supposed to be roughly equivalent to using "12 bit encryption" or
> something like that.
>
>   I recommend complex passphrases, minimum 15 characters in length,
> containing a mixture of upper- and lower-case letters, digits, spaces,
> and punctuation.

Has anyone here tried to use certificates or public-keys to control
access?  The software is available to generate keys and certificates.
Do you think it is hopeless trying to educate users to import a
certificate and protect it with a pass phrase?

(I'll be operating a web site with an anticipated load of hundreds to
low thousands of user accounts.  I've been wondering about imposing
certificates on the account holders.)

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.