On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 03:06:40PM -0400, Benjamin Scott wrote:
>   Anyone care to give recommendations in the small business/SOHO
> accounting product space?

Gnucash is a reasonable double-entry accounting package.  It'll do the
basics to help you manage your finances, file taxes, etc.  I haven't used
it regularly in a few years, but I read the release notes when they put out
a new version, and it seems like the developers have gotten into a nice
rhythm of regular releases with bug fixes and a manageable amount of new
features.

The project had stagnated for a few years where they ended up in a death
march to 2.0 after rewriting big chunks of the core, scaring off the casual
developers, losing users because they hadn't put out a release in 3 years,
etc.  They seem to have gotten over the hump and are back on track.

-ben

--
if stupidity got us into this mess; then why cant it get us out?
                                                   <will rogers>