My experience with the n810 (I never installed any agps package) GPS was
universally awful except in a few lucky circumstances when I randomly
got a GPS signal.

The n900 GPS is quite good and almost always acquires a signal quickly.
Granted, it is not good when you are away from signals such as wifi or cell.

Eric