On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Greg Rundlett (freephile)
<g...@freephile.com> wrote:
> I have a strange problem where one (and only one as far as we know)
> particular website becomes inaccessible to our office.
> The "fix" for this problem is to reboot the Comcast cable modem, however I
> don't understand how the modem could be the culprit.

  What leads you to believe this is a DNS problem?

  What happens when you try to access the site?  Do you get an error
message?  If so, what is the error message?

  Can you ping the website by name?  Can you ping the website by IP address?

  If you do a DNS lookup for the website name using "host" or "dig"
(or even "nslookup"), does it work?  Do this both using your default
DNS servers, and by explicitly specifying various DNS servers, e.g.:

        dig ANY nnerenmls.com.
        dig ANY nnerenmls.com. @68.87.71.226
        dig ANY nnerenmls.com. @8.8.8.8
  What OS and version are you running?  Are you current with updates?

  What web browser and version are you using?  Have you tried clearing
your cache and cookies?  Have you tried a different web browser?  Have
you tried a  different computer?

  What model Comcast-provided equipment do you have?  Are you using a
router, or is the computer directly connected to a cable modem?  (Be
aware that some Comcast equipment combines a cable modem with a
router.)

   If you have your own router: Are you running the latest firmware?
What if you connect your computer directly to the cable modem?

  Etc., etc.

-- Ben