Hey, all.  I've got a big ol' RAID box that I use to store... well, pretty
much everything.  Threw 64-bit Ubuntu on it, 'cause, well, why not?

I now know why not.

I'm afraid I've fallen into the portable device rage, e.g., my Droid-X.
Nifty thing, it is -- even set it up with VPN, SIP through my job, and all
sorts of other fun stuff.  Now I'd like to play video from my server on
the phone.  Unfortunately, its media player is pretty useless -- far
better to generate video from the server, and stream it, apparently.  But!
 64-bit CODECs are also kinda lousy.  And it's not like I have a oodles of
RAM -- 2 GB -- so dropping to a 32-bit system won't really harm anything.

But Googling that doesn't really help much.  Any suggestions?  What I'd
*love* to do is an "apt-get update;apt-get dist-upgrade", and be done with
it.  Somehow, though, I'm thinking it won't be that simple.  I'd really
like to avoid a full re-install -- a lot of configuration has gone into
this silly thing, and, while I could backup /etc and pray that was enough,
I'd prefer not to find out the hard way.

Thanks for any suggestions,

-Ken