I took a typing class in high school back in the late 60s and was the only
boy in the class.

Clever bastard, eh?

But I learned to type real well and to this day can manage 51 WPM, no
errors.  Only drawback was
that for years of soldier and cop work, I was the designated report writer.
 And the advantages have
been pretty good since.  I have long since lost track of, or simply lost,
the couple of manual typewriters
I used to have, and I am given to understand that Olivetti of Italy was/is?
the last manufacturer of them.

And back when we were growing up, we not only did not have PCs, the
internet, or air, we also had to
make our own water and walk uphill both ways to and from school in the worst
weather ever in human history
while reciting the multiplication table and doing long division with our
fingernails on slate chalkboards.

Just found this via the Usual Method:

*Olivetti Typewriter* Manual Linea 98

*Overview* - Online
stores<http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=Olivetti+typewriters&cid=12623040631025407537&os=sellers>
 -
Details<http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=Olivetti+typewriters&cid=12623040631025407537&os=contents>
[image: Olivetti Typewriter Manual Linea 98]

$249
online<http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=Olivetti+typewriters&cid=12623040631025407537&os=sellers>
This is a new heavy duty standard typewriter. Full size keyboard and 13"
carriage. New Machine - EBS 800-816-6855

Seems kind of steep and getting close to the price of a PC these days...