At one USENIX there were people going around with fake beards being "Ken
Thompson", and later at an Atlanta Linux Showcase there was a day when
there were an amazing number of "maddog beards".

@ryan - yes the Atlanta Linux Showcase beards did look a lot like
re-purposed ZZ Top beards.

I have decided, as my hair grew thinner on top, to trim my beard so I
look a bit (I hope) like the elder Sean Connery....now all I need is the
tweed jacket and the leather patches on the elbows.

md