Maybe a decade or so ago, I wrote a driver for a label printer, then
re-wrote it a year later because the original printer died and I had to
replace it with that year's model, which died about 2 years later. I
would hope things have stabilized a bit since then.

BTW: from experience, sticky labels on sweating drink glasses aren't
reliable. I hope you're using paper or non-glossy plastic.

--Bruce