Wow, that is kind of unreal. I was in the Chelmsford area a few years ago
for RH cert training and I was under the impression that it is a very busy
and built-up area and I would have just assumed (and we all know what that
spells) that cable and internet service is ubiquitous there.

Up here I have to admit that the geography all over the state is a serious
factor, and there just ain't gonna be cell phone access or "last-mile" fiber
in a lot of these places.  You can see lots and lots of satellite dishes,
though.

<rant on>  And of course there is the socio-economic factor of the moneyed
middle-class population centers in the flatlands like Chittenden and
Franklin and Addison counties and the college towns, versus the corn-likker
hillbilly areas in the hills and mountains.   Jethro and Ellie May can
probably forget about ever having broadband up in their neck of the woods
but if they need help from the state or some nonprofit organization at some
point, they will be told to just log on in and fill out them forms online.
 Got internet at the local libraries?  Maybe, but they may only be open
about ten hours a week.  Hell, the Feds are closing rural post offices up
here.  Gotta keep DOD in full battle dress 7x24 and the Wall Street
huckleberries high-fiving each other with each new mass layoff announcement.
<rant off>