Hey, all.  I recently had to relocate my server, and, when I did, for whatever
reason, Squirrelmail failed to come back up.  Instead of troubleshooting,
though, I looked around to see what other options were available.  It had been
a while since I'd looked, and the landscape had changed a bit.  I found a
pretty helpful article which went over 10 of the current options:
http://www.noupe.com/ajax/10-ajax-webmail-clients.html

I'd poked around at some of them before, but the one I finally went with was
Hastymail2... and I have to say, thumbs up.  It's not *quite* as JavaScripty
as one might like -- it would be nice, for example, to be able to drag e-mails
into folders, etc.  But it's nice and slick, it's got a good interface, great
search options, great address book, lots of common-sense configuration
options, an HTML editor for those times when you need it, and *amazing*
support.  Jason Munro, its maintainer, has hopped on the two bugs I've
submitted (having an apostrophe in your e-mail address -- as I do at work --
can be a *REAL* PITA), fixing them both in under a day's time.  Now *that's*
responsiveness.

Bottom line: I'm happy as a pig in mud.  It's fast.  It's fun.  And, yes, it's
now Officially Recommended, by me, at least.

http://www.hastymail.org/

-Ken