David Ohlemacher <ohlemac...@gmail.com> writes:

> For xmas, we now have two new zareason systems.  A desktop and a laptop, both
> with mint 12.
[...]
> Zareason was great by the way.  It was me that asked for Mint 12; there were
> several choices.  I appreciate 24/7 support with someone that speaks American
> English and knows how to spell Linux.  They threw in a 850W 80+ Gold p/s
> instead of the cheap 350W I was expecting.

I got one of their `Alto 3880' laptops with Debian at work, a few months back,
and I can second that--it worked out *great*; support was fantastic, everything
in the laptop actually *worked* without being a major headache/time-sink;
and the hardware is actually pretty sweet, to boot!

Their warranty looks fantastic, too; and, being a whitebox laptop, it appears
to actually be designed with serviceability in mind--one big hatch on
the bottom that makes everything accessible; doesn't look like it'll be
a problem to clean the fan, when it needs it :)

I've actually been thinking about replacing my own aging Thinkpad with
one of these things....

Care to say which ones you got?