Alan Johnson <a...@datdec.com> writes:

> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Joshua Judson Rosen <roz...@geekspace.com>
> wrote:
>
>     but I wonder if they'll have Ubuntu running on it
>     at some point....
>
> Ubuntu is working on being available on beefier Android devices soon:
> http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android
>
> I expect this will be my next PCish purchase.

Yeah--I heard about the whole `Ubuntu for Android' thing, a while back;
I'd be much more interested in having Ubuntu to *use on the tablet*,
though--rather than being able to dock the tablet and use Ubuntu as
a `transient desktop PC'. I already have plenty of desktop PCs already
hooked up to monitors, pointing devices, and keyboards :)

There still seems to be more software that's interesting to me (yes--
even in touchscreen/tablet context!) available for real Linux systems
than for Android. This is what got me interested in the Vivaldi tablet,
recently--even though I'm not really interested in KDE per se.

The newer releases of Ubuntu seem like they should be pretty
touchscreen-friendly--enough so that I've been a little surprised
to have not actually heard much about `tablet Ubuntu' initiatives.
Is `use Ubuntu on the android while it's still in mobile mode'
actually a part of the `Ubuntu for Android' plan that they're
not telling anyone, do you suppose?