On 08/21/2012 08:10 AM, Ben Scott wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Bill Sconce <sco...@in-spec-inc.com> wrote:
>>     "[I]t's WWIII in the patent universe. Remember how we used to say
>>     that no one would ever be so foolish as to start a patent war,
>>     because it'd be destructive to everyone in it? Guess what? Apple
>>     decided on going thermonuclear, and here we are. Talk about your
>>     infinite loop. How wasteful is this?
>   Very apt.  And unfortunate.  :-(  The mobile tech field is an
> absolute warzone right now.  Just about everybody is suing just about
> everybody else.  It's a disaster.  It's not helping the industry, nor
> the public, or even the companies themselves.
>
>   I seem to recall a headline on /The Onion/, "Google Accidentally
> Sues Themselves".
These suits are very complex but interesting. I had been watching the
SCO lawsuits since the very beginning. The warm body of SCO is still
trying to revive SCO vs. IBM, even after  filing for chapter 7. The
Apple vs. Samsung is becoming rather nasty. And, of course there is
Oracle vs. Google. I prefer looking at Groklaw on these issues because
PJ and her successor are both legal professionals and generally report
it correctly.

--
Jerry Feldman <g...@blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix