On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Joshua Judson Rosen
<roz...@geekspace.com> wrote:
> ... thwarted by the unholy amount of hole-iness in the map:
> you can't just start at the center, walk until you hit `the end'
> of the world ...

  Why not?  I mean, I get that not all the tile locations actually
have image files there, but presumably you just get the 404 error and
move on.

        wget hxxp://imgs.xkcd.com/clickdrag/{1..256}{n,s}{1..256}{e,w}.png

  Granted, this would hammer the server with lots of requests for
non-existent files.  And I imagine it would take some time to run
through 256*256*2*2 HTTP GET requests.  And maybe hit command line
length limits.  So polite or efficient, it's not.   But if you want
brute force and ignorance.... :)

-- Ben