On 11/8/2012 6:56 PM, Thomas Charron wrote:
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Thomas Charron <twaf...@gmail.com <mailto:twaf...@gmail.com>> wrote:

      On  2.6.31-11-rt (Ubuntu 10.04 realtime kernel)

    ./a.out starting...
    My original scheduling policy is SCHED_OTHER (0)
    The original minimum scheduling priority is 0, the maximum is 0
    sched_get_priority_max(1) returned 99
    sched_get_priority_min(1) returned 1
    My target scheduling policy is SCHED_FIFO (1)
    The target minimum scheduling priority is 1, the maximum is 99
    params.sched_priority now set to 98
    It worked - now running in high-priority mode
    params.sched_priority now set to 98
    Now running at original scheduler policy
    My scheduling policy is SCHED_OTHER
    The minimum scheduling priority is 0, the maximum is 0

  It should also be noted that my system has:

@video - rtprio 99
@video - memlock unlimited

My user is in the video group. You can probably guess what kind of development I'm doing on this box. X-D

I have to admit that the whole /etc/security thing is new to me. Wish I knew more about these things - I suspect I should reboot after modifying that directory, but another part of me says there should be a daemon that I need to restart. And I can't find any documentation on it - I can't even think of what to google for - "/etc/security" didn't bring up much useful (at least now within the first page or so).

--Bruce

--
-- Thomas